27 December 2016

Untitled #01

I recently read Kenji Miyazawa's  Night on the Galactic Railroad and keep having dreams about a single character and his journey on the Galactic Railroad and his road to happiness. There are some more inspirations, but altered by the scenes I wrote down after waking up these last few days. 



At this point, the steam whistle’s vapour is going to bring down the curtain on this night.
I’m lying here and a cat is meowing with pity in its voice. 

Staring out of the window, shell island is sinking into the abyss,
the southern wind is shaking its palm trees.
Just now, I wonder if I can see the world the way you see it?
You are my beginning, and you are the end of me. 

Street lights are faintly blinking, steady footsteps can be heard from a distance,
Changing to the Siberian Railroad, getting off in the snowy north.
Projecting stars lead the way, Sirius is blinking. 

Now I wonder if I can see the world the way you see it? Beautiful and full of dreams.
In their dreams, couples sing gently and peacefully.. 
You are my beginning, and you are the end of me.

In the night on the galactic railroad, I’m reaching out to the sky
Taking a leap of faith, wanting to end it all,
while thinking about you.

The world cannot get back on track.
We always were just by chance. Even warm aspiration ended in a chilly night.
Your mumbling voice made me happy, and I ran.
Do you even believe in this continuously stuttering love? 

Hollow…

In the night on the galactic railroad, I’m already heading opposite to the sky
Took a leap of faith, wanting to end it all,
while thinking about you.